Oh boy, I am utterly exhausted! This week has just been so busy, I've barely had time to sit down. I'm desperately looking forward to the long weekend coming up, I need some relaxation time ASAP! Luckily I'm heading down to my home town of Port Fairy this Thursday, I'm looking forward to doing nothing but going to the beach and reading.
1. Autumn is in the air! I absolutely adore autumn, and I'm so excited that the weather is starting to cool down and the leaves are turning gorgeous golden and red shades. I am not, however, enjoying the 10 degree mornings, brrr.
2. Having said that, we had some absolutely beautiful sunny days here in Melbourne this week. I spent the weekend in my backyard, playing with my dogs and hanging out in the sun. So lovely!
3. Friday evening was spent drinking wine and eating Venetian pintxos out on Lygon street at a gorgeous bar called Heartattack & Vine. I swear, we are absolutely spoiled for choice when it comes to great food destination in Melbourne. It was utterly delicious!
4. I went to my very first hens (bachelorette) party on Saturday! It was a strange yet fun experience, and thankfully there were no strippers involved.
5. I overindulged a little in the book department this week, but I just couldn't resist! Take a look at my choices: New York Cult Recipes (learn the secret to creating authentic New York classics; bagels, cheesecake, cheeseburgers, pancakes, pork buns, cookies, smoothies, tuna melts, mac & cheese...), Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook (her latest cookbook is packed with 100 recipes, full-colour photography and Rachel's very own sketches of the food, from Slow Roasted Pork Belly with Sloe Gin, to Rhubarb and Custard Millefeuille), Tokyo Precincts (a curated guide to the city's best shops, eateries, bars and other must-see hangouts, for those looking to delve into the heart of the culture of this fascinating city), Men Explain Things To Me (Rebecca Solnit takes on what often goes wrong in conversations between men and women, writing about men who wrongly assume they know things and wrongly assume women don't, about why this arises, and how this aspect of the gender wars works), Lonely Planet's guide to Slovenia, and a Portuguese phrasebook. Phew!
6. I've been non-stop listening to new music this week - Kendrick Lamar, Courtney Barnett, Sufjan Stevens all dropped new records over the past couple of weeks and I absolutely love all of them!
7. I spent some time helping my parents move into their gorgeous new house over the weekend - not usually something that's classified as enjoyable, although the amount of times they've helped me move over the past couple of years it was only fair to offer to help.
I hope you all had a wonderful week!