As I write this on Sunday afternoon, I barely feel like I've had a chance to sit down and properly write a blog entry in quite a while! Life has just been crazily busy lately - why is it that you can go weeks just chilling at home, then all of a sudden everyone wants a piece? I do love spending my weekends with friends, but I do enjoy a couple of days just handing out at home!
1. I had my cousins 21st on Saturday night in the country, which was so much fun as I had the chance to see my extended family. It was a beautiful warm evening and it gave me an excuse to try out my new MAC lip pencil! If you're curious, I used MAC's Lady Danger lipstick paired with MAC's Redd lip pencil to great success - I'm SO obsessed with lip pencils at the moment!
2. I watched a grand total of three movies at work this week, which pretty much confirms that I have just started the best job ever.
3. The new book by Kazuo Ishiguro came out this week, which I immediately got my hands on. You may have heard of him as the author of Never Let Me Go and The Remains Of The Day, and his new novel The Buried Giant looks like it's going to be another fantastic read. Fair warning - Never Let Me Go will make you cry like a baby at the end, so brace yourself.
4. We've entered autumn here in Australia, and the weather is finally becoming a little more temperate. I even wore tights this week! I definitely gravitate more towards warmer clothes, so I'm very excited to start wearing cardigans and jumpers on a daily basis again.
5. I've made a couple of big plans for my European holiday in the middle of the year, including a visit to Porto and Lisbon! Has anyone been there? Please leave your recommendations in the comments if you have!
6. My boyfriend made me raspberry pancakes this morning for breakfast and they were basically the most delicious thing ever.
7. I caught up with some friends on Friday after work for dinner at one of my favourite restaurants in Melbourne - Gami Chicken. It's a Korean restaurant that has the most INCREDIBLE AMAZING DELICIOUS fried chicken, as well as a number of things, but really, everyone comes for the chicken. They also have fantastically cheap Korean beer that they bring in a keg to your table. It's cheap, delicious, and one of the best spots in Melbourne for dinner.
I hope you all had a lovely week!