You guys, this has been a big week. After nearly two years of working with one of Australia's main television networks, I said goodbye and begun a new role working with one of the largest film distribution companies in the country. It's a pretty big change, but one that I'm very excited about, as I'm incredibly passionate about the catalogue this company works with. Let's take a look at the week that was!
1. Finishing up at my job on Wednesday was a very bittersweet experience. While I was definitely ready for a change, I'll really miss the people I got to know so well over the past couple of years. My going away present was so perfectly suited to me (a Diptyque candle and Gorman gift voucher), I was very touched with the thought put into it.
My last day *sob*
2. My first day at the new job was on Thursday - no time for a break! It's such an exciting environment to work in, and although there was a lot to take in very quickly I loved it!
3. Moving on from work-related excitement: I spent a couple of days at my home town of Port Fairy visiting family. I spent most of my time at the beach, swimming and enjoying the beautiful sunny weather - despite the insane thunderstorm that I was caught in on the journey there.
Don't worry, I wasn't driving!
4. Friday night was Chinese New Year celebrations with a huge group of us (18, to be exact) going out for dumplings and peking duck at Hu Tong. It was utterly delicious and such a fun evening!
5. I've been catching up on a couple of Oscar nominated films that I've missed out on before the ceremony next week. I watched The Theory Of Everything, and am planning on watching Whiplash tonight.
6. I looked after my dogs for a couple of days this week which was so lovely! Unfortunately I don't have the time to keep a pet myself, so I try and see my dogs as much as possible.
7. I picked up my first ever lip liner, and after one use I'm wondering why it took me so long! I went with a MAC liner in a nude shade called Subculture - more on that another soon :)
I hope you all had a great week too - what did you get up to?