There's not much about the first week back at work after the Christmas break that is enjoyable, so I was absolutely determined to make the most of a bad situation. Funnily enough, this week was actually quite good! It may not be the beach, but Melbourne is still a wonderful place to return to - despite the 40 degree weather we had this week.
1. I (finally!) bought my flights to and from Europe. Yes, I'll be making that awful 24 hour flight from Melbourne to Milan via Dubai in June, but I'm so excited to return. I'll be spending most of my time in Northern Italy at our holiday house, so I've spent much of the week planning my itinerary.
2. Caught up with my mum on one of the awful, hot days this week for a lunch at Chin Chin on Flinders Lane. The food is absolutely incredible; so fresh with such interesting flavours. It's usually impossible to get into Chin Chin at night, so going there for lunch was an inspired idea!
3. I won tickets to see Birdman next week! I'm so excited to see it; I've been waiting for its release in Australia for so long so it's so lovely that I'll be able to catch it for free!
4. Finally got around to putting up my Rifle Paper Co. 2015 calendar, and I absolutely love it! It's bee and honey themed, so each month had a gorgeous print in that theme. I might have to keep these prints as each month passes!
5. I picked up a new Diptyque candle, this time buying Feu de Bois. The scent is that of an open log fire, capturing its smokey and crisp characteristics. It's wonderful to burn just before going to bed, as it leaves the most wonderful aroma through my house.
6. I started watching season 3 of The Wire - how on earth did it take me so long to watch this incredible show?
7. After a week of awfully hot weather, the heat broke with a couple of days of rain and thunderstorms. It may sound crazy, but I love this kind of weather, particularly when it breaks up the heat. The fog and low-hanging clouds are so pretty in the morning too!