Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you've all had a wonderful festive season - I have pretty much had the most relaxing week possible back in my home town of Port Fairy. There's nothing quite like unwinding in this quiet little town with my family, spending every other day at the beach. The big day itself was quite subdued this year, as most of my extended family is currently overseas, but it was actually rather nice to take the stress out of having over twenty people at one house!
1. I travelled from Melbourne down to Port Fairy on Friday evening, and went straight to my Nan's house for dinner. She has one of the most gorgeous views of the beach from her house, which you can see behind Ziggy from her front lawn.
Ziggy...such a poser.
2. Saturday was a lovely sunny day, so I walked down to the beach for a swim. I was lucky enough to have the beach to myself for an entire hour as I lazily paddled through the water and later lay on the sand, reading a book.
3. A sunset walk around Griffiths Island had a lovely backdrop, but cursed me with about five thousand mosquito bites on my legs.
4. Christmas Day was spent up at my Nan's house, eating a variety of incredible food such as oysters, ham, roast lamb, and trifle until we could barely move.
5. Today (Boxing Day) was another fantastic food day! My family and I indulged in crayfish and prawns, with yet another bottle of champagne to complement the feast. As I sit here typing this up, I can barely move due to the amount of food consumed over the past couple of days, but I'm feeling rather content with myself.
A quick swim after eating my body weight in seafood...probably not the smartest idea.
6. The amount of wildlife I've seen over the past couple of days has been amazing. We don't usually see anything out of the ordinary, but I've come across an echidna slowly making its way across the path into the bushes, a large octopus crawling over rocks and into crevices, and a wallaby out the front of my Nan's house.
7. Hanging out with my dogs may be the highlight of the entire week. As they live with my parents, I don't get to see them as often as I used to, so I've taken full advantage of having them with me by giving them cuddles every five minutes.