The countdown to Christmas is well and truly on. Decorations have started to go up all over Melbourne, and although the weather isn't that warm yet, you can definitely tell that summer is just around the corner - it officially starts on Monday! I love walking through the city and seeing the various decorations everywhere, it really gets me in the spirit of things. Sadly I'll be working up until the 19th, but will have a whole, glorious eight days off at the beach with my family over Christmas. Until then, I'm counting down the days!
1. I caught up with my sister and some of my cousins on Saturday night, as one of them had just turned 18 and finished her year 12 (final year of high school) exams. After much consideration, we decided the best introduction to Melbourne's bars was at The Toff. We had our own booth for about four hours, where we drank ridiculous cocktails and laughed about our family.
Watermelon and thyme cocktails...so good.
2. I went to the Night Noodle Markets on Wednesday night with friends, which was absolutely incredible! It's been set up as part of Good Food Month here in Melbourne, with more than 50 food stalls and carts lining the Yarra River. I had so much incredible food there, and although there was an enormous crowd the wait in lines wasn't too bad.
Soft shell crab, Sriracha dressing in a brioche bun. OMG.
You guys...this ice cream from Gelato Messina changed my life: Lychee Sponge, Mango Puree, Rambutan & Coconut Gelato, Whipped Salted Coconut Cream, Coconut Macaron. Amazing.
3. Is anyone else loving The Newsroom this season? Maybe it's because they know they're finishing up this season, but I've found it so much more enjoyable than season 2.
4. Finally set up my desk! It's so nice to finally have an area for myself. It even rained a couple of times this week, so I had a perfect cosy space with my Diptyque candle lit.
5. Mockingjay: Part One. Yes, it's totally ridiculous that the film was split in two, but I actually really enjoyed the film. I also think the film improved on the original novel, as I wasn't a huge fan of the final instalment of the book series.
6. Wrapped my Christmas presents. You heard me. I'm amazed at how organised I am this year with Christmas presents!
7. I went to the Meatball and Wine Bar on Flinders Lane last night to catch up with some old work friends. The food was incredible (beef brisket sliders hello!), the wine even better, and it was so lovely to catch up!