Just when you think you're completely out of holiday mode, there's a public holiday that throws your routine out of whack again, am I right? Not that I'd ever complain about a day off, but there is certainly something hellish about living in the same suburb that the Melbourne Cup takes place in. The day was quite productive though - have you noticed my new blog layout? I spent the day revamping the site, which took quite a bit of time and a whole lot of HTML/CSS nightmares. I'm pretty happy with how it looks, although I'm so fickle I'm sure I'll want to change it again next month.
Here's a look at the week that was:
1. Remember when I blogged last month about picking up the book Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier? Well, I recently started reading it - in fact, I read 200 pages of it last night! It's such a fantastic book, much more thrilling that I originally thought it would be.
2. Mr. Burger for lunch on a beautifully sunny day with friends. Nothing like sitting by the river enjoying a delicious burg in the sunshine!
3. Public holiday on Tuesday was definitely a bonus. Although I have many, many objections to the Melbourne Cup (and the horse racing carnival in general), I definitely can't complain about a day off work.
4. My garden is in full Spring mode. My snapdragons and lavender are blooming like crazy, and everything smells divine!
5. I already wrote a bit about this over here, but Halloween festivities on Saturday allowed me to fulfil a childhood dream of becoming a Sailor Scout. Although I was always a Sailor Mars kinda gal, I went Sailor Jupiter, mainly because I couldn't be bothered organising a wig. It was so. much. fun.
6. Ok, yes, I'll say it - I am unashamedly obsessed with Taylor Swift's new album. I've pretty much had it on repeat since it came out, and full disclosure: I'm listening to it right now.
7. Dumplings and rooftop drinks for a friends birthday - I love that the weather is getting warm enough to stay outside all night!