This week has passed in a bit of a blur, mainly due to my flight to Japan tonight. I've been trying to do a bunch of last-minute things, and I'm trying not to freak out when I think about what I still have left to do (hence why I'm procrastinating by writing up a blog post!). From karaoke to The Bachelor, here's what has made this a good week.
1. Catching up with friends for our final Wednesday night pizza/Bachelor session. Such a terrible show, but made bearable with good friends.
2. I don't really get excited for the Grand Final, but we had work drinks on Friday at lunchtime out in the sun, which ended up turning into afternoon drinks, which basically resulted in no work getting done.
3. Karaoke at Kbox on Saturday night for a friends birthday. I started off tame with a rendition of 'Titanium' with a friend, then as the champagne kicked in I worked up the courage to sing solo for 'Superbass', 'I Knew You Were Trouble', and '212'. Such a fantastic night.
4. 'Gone Girl' on Thursday! I read the book in one day earlier in the year and absolutely loved it (although wasn't a huge fan of the ending), and I can definitely attest to the fact that David Fincher has once again produced an incredible movie. Very, very similar in aesthetic to 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo', the music worked incredibly well, particularly in the films more climactic scenes.
5. Going for a couple of long walks on my lunch break around Melbourne's gardens while the weather has been nice.
6. Dinner at Jimmy Grants last night - fancy souvlaki's with chips inside, so good!
7. And of course, the event I've been banging on about all week - I'm flying to Japan tonight! Three weeks is the perfect amount of time to reacquaint myself with this amazing country after my last trip in 2011.