This week has been pretty good, on the whole. I think knowing you've got a holiday coming up soon makes everything seem easy - I've definitely felt like work has been positively fun this week! The weekend was pretty hectic, so I feel like I haven't really had a chance to organise last-minute things for Japan - I'm such a control freak that I usually pack my bag two weeks before I go overseas. As it stands, my suitcase is still empty and I'm trying not to completely lose it over that! Here's what made this a great week:
1. Breakfast with mum before work at The Premises. I had gingerbread porridge with chai poached pears, organic coconut sugar and cream - I have it almost every time I go there, and it's out of this world.
2. 25 degrees on Tuesday! I went for a huge walk through the Royal Botanical Gardens on my lunch break, and it was absolutely glorious.
3. I spent the whole day on Saturday with a bunch of friends, and experienced something for the first time that I will never forget. It was an absolutely incredible day.
4. I made the best French toast ever on Saturday morning. I think it's going to become a bit of a tradition!
5. Went to my parents house on Sunday evening for a roast and my absolute favourite home-made chocolate pudding. Also, I saw my dogs, which is enough to make any week amazing. Ziggy fell asleep on Justin's lap, awww.
6. Rewatching Scrubs on Netflix - I used to watch it all the time a couple of years ago, so it's nice to rediscover it! Season 2 - 4 are the best by far, and while most episodes will have you laughing constantly, others will unexpectedly have you in tears.
7. Pho dinner with friends on Wednesday night and running back to my house in the rain afterwards.